It is no secret that late season hunting can be some of the best times to hunt because deer are now congregating on food sources or maybe because of snow on the ground coyote hunting just became that much more fun. You may ask yourself “I want to hunt but how do I stay warm?” That is a common question among hunters and here are a few tips and tricks to staying warm.
- Handwarmers: It may sound simple but too many times hunters don’t like wearing gloves because it makes it harder for them to pull the trigger, feel the release on the bow, and for other reasons. Hand warmers are cheap and last for hours at a time.
- Ground / Box blinds & portable heaters: Ground / Box blinds keep you out of the elements and in conjunction with ground blind use portable heaters. The combination of these two items can extend your hunts and offer a better opportunity at your target animal.
- Heater body suits: Heater body suits can be extremely useful during extreme temperatures or all day sits.
- Layers: Dress in layers, you can always take off a layer if you do get too warm but you can’t put on layers that you don’t have once your out in the woods.
- Plan Ahead: Make sure to look at the upcoming forecast to make sure you have the appropriate gear to head outdoors.
There are many ways to keep warm on cold days while out hunting and these are just some of the examples that can help you stay warm. Happy hunting!